Home Forums Club Activities News Anchor Steam – the Phoenix!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tony Browning
    Participant

Anchor Brewing will reopen after acquisition
    But about 10 months after Anchor filed for bankruptcy, Shepherd Futures, the family office of Hamdi Ulukaya, billionaire founder and CEO of Chobani yogurt, on May 31 revealed in a statement that it was going to purchase all of Anchor Brewing’s assets and would relaunch the brand. The sale price has not been disclosed.

“What an exciting time for San Francisco and Anchor Brewing,” Ulukaya said in a statement. “Both are experiencing the magic of rebirth. I have fallen in love with this city, its history, grit and charm. I believe brands born in places like this are incredibly special and must be treasured, respected and loved.

“San Francisco is at the heart of Anchor Brewing, and Anchor embodies so much of what makes this city great. I am humbled and excited to be part of this city and its rich community of people, who have a spirit that is special and unique. I have learned so much about Anchor and its role in San Francisco’s journey, and I look forward to doing whatever I can to support this amazing story of revitalization.”

Shepherd Futures did not reveal a time frame for the relaunch of Anchor Brewing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.