Home Forums Club Activities Upcoming Events Drink Local Festival

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Travis Cook
    Participant

For those wanting to bring beer to the Drink Local festival in August, don’t forget to get your brews started. Mark will be happy to know that I am planning on bringing beers to pour 🙂

Travis Cook
    Participant

Decided to brew today and cranked out a sweet stout and a double IPA. And yes, I purposely wore the Drink Local shirt 😉

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tony Browning
    Participant

NICE!

I ordered my supplies yesterday for the 2 beers that I plan to make for our Festival: Weasels Ripped My Flesh (Hoppy Wheat w/Zappa hops) and a re-make of the Szechuan Saison. Let’s hope batch #2 comes out as good as the original!

Logan Loeb
    Participant

Awesome! Always good to rock a CRBS shirt when brewing.

Muxen and I are brewing a kveik yeast kölsch on Saturday. Hope to have it on tap for the festival. We may do another brew that we can pitch onto the kveik yeast cakes, but that’s TBD. Any suggestions?

Patrick McCusker
    Participant

I’m sure that I can find six kegs of something or other to bring.

Tony Browning
    Participant

Got both beers in the fermenter, bubbling happily away.

Travis Cook
    Participant

I have done a Hazy IPA and a Black IPA with kveik yeast and both turned out well.

Logan Loeb
    Participant

We plan on making a Hazy IPA to pitch onto the kveik yeast cake! Glad to know you were successful with that idea. It won’t be ready in time for the festival, unfortunately.

Travis Cook
    Participant

Kveik ferments pretty quick, especially at warmer temperatures. You might be surprised and could potentially get it finished by the festival.

Tony Browning
    Participant

Was having problems with the Festival app, but I figured it out. All is good now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.